Police, Crime & 999 (The True Story of a Front Line Officer) written by a serving response officer in a provincial force
- What REALLY happens behind the scenes in the police?
- What bizarre 999 calls are made to the emergency services?
- Why can wearing 2 pairs of socks make you a suspect?
- What is the link between police and vampires?
- Which Royal arrest never made news headlines?
- What covert sign do officers make when they no longer wish to talk to you?
Recent reviews have commented
- This is a treasure trove of a book – a wonderfully informative, self-mocking and addictive read, full of belly laughs. Utterly brilliant. (The Non-Fiction Book Club)
- Ambulance Today heartily recommends this warm, witty, compassionate and down-right hilarious read by John Donoghue (Ambulance Today Magazine)
- I have never had so much fun reading a book. I don’t know much about the Police – apart from the doom and gloom and bad press they seem to get on a daily basis. This look at the lighter side of their daily business – especially when written (and very well written if I may say so) by a “rank & file” officer was an absolute pleasure. I hope John Donoghue’s bosses are pleased at the way he managed to portray the human element of the police service whilst maintaining the dignity of all concerned. It is a real laugh out loud book (Amazon)
- Fascinating and hilarious (International Police Association)
The book is available a paperback or ebook from Amazon, Waterstone’s or my own website (www.policecrime999.com) , where I can offer signed copies at the discounted rate of £5 (plus P&P) for officers and police staff …which would make ideal Christmas presents for their families.
Please feel free to check out the book reviews on Amazon at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Police-Crime-999-Story-Officer/dp/1848766858/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top