Gloucestershire Police Federation is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Gloucestershire Police Federation may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from January 2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Privacy and Cookies
First of all I like to thank you for visiting this site. Now that you are here, we may have transferred a cookie file to your computer. A cookie is a small piece of information sent from this website to your browser for storage on your computer. If you want to know more about them then there is a useful and slightly complicated explanation on Wikipedia, HTTP Cookies.
Where do the cookies come from?
- The software that runs this site (WordPress) may transfer a temporary cookie so it can keep track of what it’s doing. As it’s temporary it maybe deleted when you leave here.
- So that we can measure the popularity of posts, where people come from and other general statistics, we use Google Analytics. It may store cookies to track new and repeat visitors. It does not have any detail on who you are.
- Cookies used on this site do not contain any personal information.
- Any information collected is anonymous and generalised.
- This site will not sell any email addresses and names to any third party
- Any email addresses/names left in comments or mentioned in emails sent to me will be kept private and not sold to anyone
- Your privacy is respected at all times
If you wish to know how to remove cookies then AboutCookies.org should be of help.
As this site uses advertising and software that was created by another person or company, the usage of cookies is beyond our control and we may not be able to ask your permission.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at Gloster@polfed.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Federation Office, 6a Kingscroft Road, Hucclecote, Gloucester, GL3 3RF.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.